Friday, February 27, 2009

Happy Birthday to the Three of Us!

My Kelly (Jellybean) was nearly a birthday present 39 years ago. I went into labor on my 24th birthday and recall vividly the day fraught with excitement that this gift, already 3 weeks late, was finally willing to 'arrive'! I am happily the grandmother of Kelly's 6 children and Kimber's 1 (below) I celebrate today with panache as my husband takes me for lunch at my favorite new place called the Creme. His daughter will fix me dinner of sushi and liliquoy (a Hawaiian fruit) cheesecake out at the ranch.


Actually, today Kelly graduates in the state of Virginia at the head of his class of Chinook Helicopter Mechanics. He's been gone since early July and is suppose to come home tomorrow (his birthday). Circumstances beyond his control today will keep him there, and I lift up prayers for his heath and complete recovery from surgery! I wish I were there to see him graduate like I was in the picture below when he got his GED not too long ago.


And then, Darlin' Alana!
She's a Leap Year Baby, so it's one, two three for us (Feb. 27, 28, 29).
I praise God for her delightful presence in our family!

As this day unfolds, there is snow on the ground, the sun is shining brilliantly, and there are harbingers (I LOVE that word!) of spring everywhere. February ends well and we march forward with joy on our hearts.




3 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Happy birthday! You are indeed blessed.

Connie said...

Those are some pretty special birthday gifts for you!

Aminta said...

HAPPY (late) BIRTHDAY!
Loves to you! And bless you and all above!
XO's, Minta