Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Bleeding Hearts

I have been looking in my west garden bed for a hint of these darlings, and there is not one tiny anything starting, however, the ground IS still frozen. I just can't stand it! My friend Connie's garden has 'showings' of several kinds of flowers starting, including these Bleeding Hearts. I want so much for these to come back again, as they are a gift from another sweet friend (Rachel) with whom I do garden tours.

They remind me of the 'flip' hairdo I had back in the 60's, piled high by 'teasing'. These pictures were part of my picture-taking frenzy last year.

It is 40 degrees this morning but the ground is frozen. I'm so ready for some more signs of spring!

3 comments:

Aminta said...

SOON! IT will happen soon!
I love spring....but this spring is going to be a bit of a mess for me. We are planning to redo our yard..grass and all.
Which means I will have mud, and not just any kind of mud, IDAHO mud! lol Atleast I can come over and see the beauty or clean in your yard!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I love bleeding hearts! Those pictures are beautiful.

Connie said...

I am sure they will return...when it is safe to lift their pretty heads again.
I would love to see a photo of you with the hairstyle you described! :-)