Monday, June 28, 2010

Straw Garden Girl

Here is Alina the Queena the Straw Garden today.
She is cooling off from the hard work of pulling the "straw train" that we worked together on this morning.
She pulled, and I pushed the train to the garden to make pathways for us to walk when the rains come and make mud.


Her job was to walk the paths when I finished laying them.


TA DA!!
We are finished with this one pathway.
You can see the squash plants to the left along the line of the soaker hose.
The tomato plants are barely visible in their cages to the right of Alina.
And you can see some wayward garlic to the far right.




3 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Wow! Now I know what you mean by thick straw!

Alina looks so pretty and what a helper you have!

Rachel said...

Maybe summer is really here! You have had perfect conditions for growing rice!
Sweet family posts. . . these are precious times.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Everything looks great. I can see I should have put the straw on twice as thick as I did between my rows.