Thursday, May 27, 2010

Spring Flavors

This is the view from the ranch where we run some cattle and are in the process of building a house for Jay's daughter's family. You can see the Camas Prairie in the background with brilliant yellow canola growing. And in the foreground is wild Camas, a lovely blue flower blooming in patures everywhere.


Here is Sir Evan.
We are crazy for a series called Monarch of the Glen, and I think Evan is taking Scottish plaids pretty seriously!
Canola, up close and personal.


More wild Camas




3 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Very pretty! Evan looks very Scottish indeed. Boy he has sure gone through a growth spurt!

Connie said...

I love the look of a field of camas! Would love to dig some to plant in my rock gardens.
I watched that Monarch of the Glen series....loved the wonderful scenery!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

So that is Camas! I saw those same flowers in our valley and was wondering what they were. Beautiful! I've been wanting to see that series on Netflix.