Monday, December 6, 2010

Snowy Greetings

Tis sunrise over the garden area greeted us this morning as we finished our breakfast of yummy, rich and yellow-yolked eggs (from the farm up the road) and toast with home-made Blackberry Jam. An idyllic life we live, surrounded by astonishing beauty and filled with delicious and nutritious food. And I am reminded of one of my favorite verses from Psalms:

"The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places, surely I have a goodly inheritance."

We have received over two feet of snow, with more due today. The plows worked overtime to clear the roads so shoppers could attend the many craft fairs on Saturday.

One pile of snow plowed from the street is taller than I am!



This poor Elm tree lost a significant branch as we breakfasted several days ago. The snow was unusually heavy, and the temperatures were in the mid-teens...perfect for tree crashing!

There was a good turnout for church even though the roads were icey. And Pastor Brent joined the Praise Band yesterday morning accompanied by his newly-made mandolin.
He is quite an accomplished musican AND woodworker.



4 comments:

mbrewer said...

Burrrrrrrrr, but beautiful pictures of the snow. What great light of the sunrise. I hope you are keeping toasty warm in your home. I would love to visit more this week. The Christmas Faire was delightful and filled us all up. Stacie sang great at church. It was great to be there and see her "church" family. Hugs to you.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Wow, you do have a lot of snow! It so pretty! You sound so content, Catherine. I'm so happy for you. It has not always been thus. You are blooming where have been planted and I am proud of you, my friend.

You believed God for great things, He has proved himself faithful and true.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

That mandolin looks awesome! Wow, 2 feet! It is snowing hard here but nothings is sticking much so far. The most accumulation we've had so far this year is 4 to 5 inches. I agree with, Stacie, you sounds so content and peaceful. God is so good!

mimi said...

love your snow photos!